When brothers Hermann and Ewald Reinert started their own small butcher’s shop in 1931, in the Westphalian town of Loxten, they could never have dreamed that a “private meat producer” would grow and eventually become an international consortium. Today the H. & E. Reinert Group employs around 1,400 people at six production locations. However, to this day Reinert is committed to the idea of its two founders, namely to combine – as a family-run company – craftsman‘s values with state-of-the-art technology.
From 1998 to 2002, Reinert took over three regional raw ham production facilities. Since 1998, Schinken Einhaus GmbH & Co. KG in Friesoythe (Lower Saxony) has been part of the Group, and in the following year Reinert purchased Original Holsteiner Katenschinken GmbH & Co. KG in Brunsbek (Schleswig-Holstein). 2002 saw the acquisition of WUFA Schwarzwälder Schinken-Spezialitäten GmbH & Co. KG in Lörrach. Finally, in 2003, came the takeover of Sickendiek Fleischwarenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG in Neuenkirchen-Vörden (Lower Saxony). In 2007, two important steps were taken towards internationalisation. First of all H. & E. Reinert S.R.L. commenced production in Brasov, in Romania: secondly, Reinert took over ARRO, one of the leading importers of German sausage products in France. Today, Reinert exports its sausage and ham specialities to more than thirty countries.